Sunday, May 6, 2007

recruitment... oops... recruiter blues

It is a quite and sleepy afternoon after a good lunch!! But not a good one for me as there are numerous things that have come to haunt me, a novice recruiter!!I have so many clients to work on and so many job-orders - "mandates" in recruitment business parlance - but there is no revenue in sight for the month..... and all around me there is talk and noise of an expected level of revenue as a ratio of the moolah's i rake into my account end of the month......!?Even worse, there were great "closures".... Oh, that's again jargon.... you get a closure when some one whom you suggested ( referred ! ) went through the recruitment process, and joined the company.... make no mistakes please... JOINED!! Why JOINED?! A colleague had a closure, but it was not to be as on the way to joining her candidate had a vehicle breakdrown.... it happened that he decided it was bad augur enough that his 'paatti' (grandma) told him not to take up the assignment... With me, it was worse too........ the candidate i expected to join a client as senior manager got chickened out on the day of joining.... he was down with the now omniscient 'chikungunya'..... and never recovered till date.... and thus my closures did not happen.... So till that fateful morning of my candidate joining, i was delighted at my performance, and when the subject in a fit of whatever did not enter the client's place to join, i became a non-performer!? Well if i did perform but once, but you know what?? The candidate got a better offer 2 months into my client, and called it quits! The client just sent a sms to my handphone "........ has not turned up... so reverse the bill"....... Gosh!! I performed so well in the past two months, but all that is not counted as performance.........The best of the morning today was spent brooding over all this.... oh..... why am i doing this.... ****, my "pipeline" is miserable for Q2 and Q3...... Bye guys, let me get going behind the elusive numbers!!........

No comments: